WordPress cookie consent
Eu Cookies Bar is a WordPress plugin that helps website owners to meet the obligations and rights enacted under the GDPR. GDPR, General Data Protection Regulation, is a European regulation to strengthen and unify the data protection of EU citizens. The plugin allows visitors to accept a website to use their cookies and also allow visitors to configure their cookies settings. WordPress EU Cookies Bar helps your WordPress website fit with the GDPR – General Data Protection Regulation law.
- Agreement duration: Set expiry date for an agreement after a user accepts.
- Block until accepting: An option to enable cookies only after visitor accepts to use, for those who want their website complies with the new EU Cookies Law-GDPR.
- Strictly necessary cookies: Specify very important cookies that can not be disabled by your visitors.
- Strictly necessary cookies prefix: Cookies whose names start with these prefixes can not be disabled by your visitors too.
- Message: Easy to change/edit front-end message with WordPress editor.
- Close button: Just another option.
- Cookies bar position: Can be at the top, bottom, bottom left or bottom right, not many but enough.
- Implicit behaviors: Close cookies bar, accept or decline when your visitors hit the close button, scroll their mouse wheel or refresh the browser. Depending on which cookies/privacy law you have to comply with, use this option flexibly to make the cookies bar less annoyed.
- Cookies bar design: You can change cookies bar font-size, text color, background color or opacity to make it in harmony with your theme, and a custom CSS field is available for your customization.
Visitor cookies settings
- GDPR law requires your website to have an option to have visitor cookies settings.
- This is a small popup box that shows your privacy and cookies policy and a list of available cookies that your website uses
- A very small bar on the bottom which will show the visitors cookies settings when they click on it, and also a helpful shortcode to call the cookies settings which you can place wherever you want in case you don’t want the small bar to be there