When you purchase a license of VillaTheme’s plugin on the Envato market you will be provided by Envato with a purchase code that has the format like this:
12345678-12a3-4c56-aa78-c691234567891 and a plugin zip file to download and install the plugin. Then you need to go to our website villatheme.com to authenticate on our system by login with Envato – using your purchased account on Envato. Authenticating on Villatheme’s system helps you not only get support on our premium forum by our developers who directly create plugins but also activate automatically update the plugin on your registered domain within 6 months since you purchased.
This article guides you on how to update VillaTheme’s plugins when your item support is active or expired.
I. UPDATE PLUGINS IF CURRENT SUPPORT IS ACTIVE.
Go to Dashboard > Plugins > Installed Plugins, look for the plugin you want to update.
1. If you have not completed authenticating your official domain, the plugin will require you to do authenticate the domain.
Step 1. Click on “Setting page”.
Step 2: Then it will redirect to the Update tab in our plugin setting.
Step 3: Reload the installed plugin list page, search for the plugin you just need to update, and click on the “Update now” button.
2. If you already completed authenticating your official domain, the “Update now” button will appear there, just click on it and update the plugins.
II. RENEW AND EXTEND ITEM SUPPORT TO UPDATE PLUGINS IF THE SUPPORT PERIOD EXPIRED OR ABOUT EXPIRED
If your support period was expired or be about to expire, you can renew or extend your license to keep updating plugins. You can see this guide for further information on how to renew or extend item support.
* Important note: After you renew your item support, you have to re-authenticate to update the renewal status on our system, just follow this guide to re-authenticate. It will take time to proceed with this request to the server and you can post tickets on the premium support forums until the renewal status is updated successfully on our system. Go to this link to check the status.
III. UPDATE PLUGINS IF THE SUPPORT PERIOD EXPIRED USING ENVATO PLUGIN FOR FREE
To update VillaTheme plugins when your support time ends up, you can use the Envato Market plugin to keep updating automatically or update manually.
A. AUTO-UPDATE USING ENVATO MARKET PLUGIN
- To update the plugins using the Envato Market plugin, please download the Envato Market plugin here.
- Then you need to deactivate the plugin that you need to update. Go to Dashboard/ Plugins/ Add New to install and activate the plugin.
- Go to Dashboard/ Envato Market to generate a Token key and fill it into the Token field
- New tabs Themes, Plugins will appear next to the Settings tabs. You’re able to install, update your Envato’s plugins, themes in these tabs (included VillaTheme plugins).
***NOTE: If you can’t update or update failed with these above methods, please contact the author of these download plugins about your problems. The problems related to updating plugins through Envato Market is over our control.
B. UPDATE PLUGINS MANUALLY
- To manually update an Envato plugin. Visit https://codecanyon.net/downloads to download its installable zip file. Click on the Download button next to the plugin you want to update, select to download “Installable WordPress file only”.
- Go to Dashboard/ Plugins/ Add New/ Upload Plugin to reinstall the plugin using the zip file you just downloaded in the first step, then click on “Replace current with uploaded”. Your plugin settings will be kept.